With the snow, drop off and parking has become a greater concern. In order to maintain a safe environment for the students, I would like to remind you of the parking rules at Travell School.
I understand that this might result in an inconvenience for adults,
but the greater issue is one of student safety.
General Rules for Bogert Avenue:
- DO NOT double park at any time. It is extremely dangerous for children to walk between parked cars.
- Fairfield is two way at all times and parking is illegal on BOTH sides of Fairfield north of Downs. Stopping or standing is prohibited on the west side of Fairfield and may NOT be used as a drop off.
- The Ridgewood elementary schools were designed as neighborhood schools so that children could walk to school. Whenever possible, please have your children walk to and from school with neighborhood friends.
- Carpool whenever possible.
- It may be helpful to park elsewhere and have your child walk to an agreed up on meeting location. Meadowbrook is an ideal place.
These provisions are designed to ensure the safety of all students. Adults need to model safe and responsible behavior. Please take time to teach your children about automobile safety. Thank you for your cooperation on this important matter.